You can save a lot of money by cleaning your swimming pool yourself. Here are a few steps that will help you keep your pool clean and water sparkling at all times:
- Supplies: First of all, make sure you have all the right equipment for cleaning your pool. These are the list of items that you must have if you want a clean pool. Get them from Captain Nemo’s Pool and Spa in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sanctuary Cove:
- A telescopic pole
- A leaf skimmer or a leaf scoop
- A brush to clean the sides, ladder and steps of your pool
- Pool vacuum
- Skimming: Skim the surface of your pool with your leaf skimmer on a day to day basis for best results. Skimming your pool regularly will keep your pool free from any kind of contamination. Leaves and foliage often fall on outdoor pools making the pool unsightly if not removed.
- Brush: Next, brush the sides of your pool, including the stairs and the ladders. Not brushing the sides will lead to the settling of algae, grime and dirt. The areas where there is poor water circulation will need more attention.
- Pool vacuum: A pool vacuum is used to clean the swimming pool floor. Captain Nemo’s Pool and Spa offers you a wide range of pool vacuums. Go to our website and see which type will suit your needs. You must vacuum your pool at least once a week.
- PH levels: The pH levels of your pool can be affected by the weather. Your pool’s pH level must be tested at least 3 times a week. The pH level of your pool should be between 7.2 and 7.6.
- Keep checking your pool filter on a regular basis to prevent debris of grime from building up and clogging your filter.
- Add sanitising chlorine tablets to your pool to kill harmful bacteria.
- If you are worried of your pool being contaminated by urine, sweat or any other biological waste, use a pool shock. It will help to remove the bacteria caused by biological contamination.
Have any questions about your pool? Call the specialists at Captain Nemo’s Pool and Spa in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sanctuary Cove. We are your pool maintenance specialists.